|Neundorfer Learning Center
Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) and Baghouse (Fabric Filter)
Industry focus: power utilities and industrial plants
Where: Best Western Seven Seas Hotel & Waterpark, Mandan, North Dakota (near Bismarck)
Price: $750 for ESP 2-day, $375 for baghouse 1-day, $900 for both (registration, learning materials, meals)
Professional development credit hours: Up to 18
Who Should Attend: Plant-level personnel who operate, maintain and troubleshoot electrostatic precipitators (ESPs) or baghouses (fabric filters).
This three-day, interactive learning event is focused on electrostatic precipitator and baghouse (fabric filter) theory, along with best practices for operation, troubleshooting and maintenance. Participants will learn how to recognize, explain and offer methods for remedying common ESP and baghouse performance issues, using information and resources on hand.
Sessions run 8:00am-3:00pm each day, with full breakfast and Q&A time from 7:00am-8:00am each morning. The precipitator workshop is the first two days, and the baghouse workshop is the third day. You have the option to attend both or either. These workshops are structured using a mixture of presentation, discussions and case studies.
ESP Learning Topics
- Precipitator Operating Theory
- Fundamentals of Good Performance
- Mechanical Components
- Inspection and Maintenance: Best Practices
- Electrical Components
- Rapping Systems: Troubleshooting and Optimizing
- Electrical Systems: Troubleshooting and Optimizing
- Air Flow Velocity and Distribution Considerations
- Process Conditions: Affect on ESP Performance
Baghouse Learning Topics
- Baghouse Principles of Operation and Performance
- Baghouse Cleaning
- Emission Optimization
- Filter Bag Types and Selection
- Baghouse Troubleshooting for Differential Pressure and Bag Life
- Baghouse Troubleshooting for Opacity Issues and Best Operating Practices
To register, contact Maggie Zeller, firstname.lastname@example.org, (440) 942-8990.
Accommodations and Travel Information
Best Western Seven Seas is the Bismarck area's largest indoor waterpark and full-service convention facility. The hotel houses a restaurant, casino-style lounge, and fitness facility. Nearby attractions include North Dakota state capitol in Bismarck, Hawk Tree golf course, and Fort Lincoln State Park. For reservations, please call (701) 663-7401.
The Best Western Seven Seas is located at:
2611 Old Red Trail
Mandan, North Dakota 58554-1448