As demands increase on plants to reduce emissions, operate more flexibly and reduce costs, sharing knowledge improves your understanding of precipitators and the opportunities they present to help you achieve your goals.
This two day, consultative workshop is facilitated in a collaborative format using active learning. Participants bring with them information about real-world precipitator problems they need help solving. While working to solve those problems, you’ll develop action plans for optimizing equipment and processes, learn skills and gain knowledge needed to implement your plans and become more effective at identifying opportunities to optimize performance and reduce costs. To get the most value out of this workshop overall and the included action plan development process, we encourage multiple people from the same plant to participate.
Schedule: 7:00am-3:00pm each day
Meals included: full breakfast and lunch.
Sessions: mix of discussion and group activities.
Agenda |Recommended data to bring
Participating in this workshop will help you answer:
- How do precipitators work and what limits their effectiveness?
- How can precipitator and process data be used to identify opportunities for improvement or to solve problems?
- What are the different approaches for prioritizing maintenance activities and capital spending to get the most out of available time and money?
- How do factors outside the precipitator influence performance, and what can we do about it?
- How do we identify opportunities to lower emissions, increase reliability and reduce operating, maintenance and capital costs?
- What is the most powerful process for creating action plans that support compliance goals?
- What is the precipitator’s role in effective strategies for business sustainability?
Accommodations and Travel Information
The Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown is located in the city's historic Strip District, where you'll find open food markets, street vendors, unique shops, and a vibrant night life featuring large entertainment venues and chic nightclubs. The hotel is within easy walking distance of HJ Heinz, AT&T, PNC Bank and UMPC offices, as well as major sporting venues. Across the street is the Smithsonian-affiliated Senator John Heinz History Center. Also minutes away are all of Pittsburgh's prestigious colleges and universities: the University of Pittsburgh, Duquesne University, Carnegie Mellon University and Point Park College.
Hotel ammentities include a pool, fitness center, business center with complementary printing service, wireless access, coin laundry and ATM machine. For reservations, please call (412) 288-4350.
The Hampton Inn & Suites is located at:
1247 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222